After the success of the Kids show in 2010, the programme of CinEast 2011 includes numerous special screenings for children and teenagers as well as a series of school projections.
- Kids show (aged 2-10) with a selection of cartoons with no spoken language
Saturday 15 October at 15.00 (free) at salle Dune (CCRN)
*charity action "Become a Santa" - bring your toys that you no longer need and they will surprise seriously ill children in Polish hospitals and hospices under the Christmas tree in December (in cooperation with LuxCordis asbl, www.luxcordis.org)
- Kids show (aged 4-14) with the Czech animated film Kooky by Jan Svěrák (English version)
Sunday 16 October at 16.30 at Ciné Utopia
*Parallel screenings - the whole family in cinema! You can send your kids to the room showing Kooky (where they will watch the film under supervision of qualified adults) and go to see one of the other two films starting at the same time in neigbouring projection rooms. You will meet your sweeties after the screening in the corridor!
- Teenagers shows with the film Suicide Room by Jan Komasa (from 15 years of age)
Sunday 9 October at 17h at Ciné Utopia
Sunday 16 October at 19h at Ciné Ariston, followed by a debate on the topic "Digital marginality"
- School projections - special screenings only for students, not accessible to public
European School of Luxembourg
- Presentation of the project "School cinematheque" which has been yielding much success in Poland (with Anna Niderhaus, former project coordinator)
- 5 screenings, including the Czech film Katka, attended by the director Helena Třetíková (discussion after the projection)
Lycée Classique Diekirch
- 10 screenings, including 2 blocs of short films (feature and animated)